Monday, July 21, 2008

The Land of Confusion

After my last blog entry I was tested on my journey of listening to the Master's voice.  I had a couple of weeks where I began to get really mixed up in my head over some important decisions and some direction.  

I couldn't fall back on my usual source of trusted advice because my trusted advisor was the one asking me to make a decision.  

I'm on this journey, and one blog entry doesn't make me an expert on listening to the Master. So I was left in this no-mans-land with a maelstrom of voices in my head all shouting their opinions.  As days went by I became more and more troubled and confused.

Then my beautiful wife came to my rescue.  She felt I was being troubled by a spirit of confusion. So right there and then we prayed and took authority over confusion.  We acknowledged together that...
 
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of this world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:4,5  
and 
"Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12.  

I acknowledged that I had allowed the enemy to have a field day in my mind, and through prayer and declaration of those verses over the next few days clarity and peace returned.

I realised that the battlefield of my mind is one I have not paid much attention to at times and there's some old thought patterns and learnt behaviors there that need to be dealt with.  So I've been taking stock of my thoughts and bringing them captive, taking back some of the ground that I have let slip away, and now the Master's voice is becoming clearer again.

Last week on my way home from work I was having a conversation with my Heavenly Father and asking Him to show me what He wanted me to do.  The next 3 mornings He spoke to me through three dreams. All relating to each other. Now I don't usually remember anything I dream about, but I woke much later than usual those mornings and the dreams were so clear that I am in no doubt that God was speaking to me.

Now whether I ever remember a dream again remains to be seen, but I believe that taking authority over the enemy and taking thoughts captive created an environment in which God could use my mind to speak to me.  Even more importantly I believe that winning in the battlefield of my mind is a crucial part of my journey to freedom.

"Once more into the breach dear friends"


1 comment:

milkandhoney said...

Keep stomping on the devil.
Love you heaps.
love from your beautiful wife xxx